Eric A. Lovro
Eric Lovro joined Strange, Farrell, Johnson & Brewers, P.C. on July 1, 2014. His practice is primarily devoted to the areas of family law, criminal and porbate administration and litigation.
He grew up in Sioux Falls. He graduated from South Dakota State University in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology, with an emphasis on Human Resources, and a minor in Economics. He then graduated from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2005.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Lovro worked two years in Arizona at a law firm devoted to representing plaintiffs in civil lawsuits. Thereafter, he returned home to South Dakota where he has practiced in the areas of family law, criminal law, business law, wills and probate. Prior to joining Strange, Farrell, Johnson & Brewers, P.C., Mr. Lovro worked for three years at the Minnehaha County Public Defender’s Office as a Senior Deputy Public Defender where his duties were primarily to represent clients accused of felonies ranging from murder to simple drug possession. In over a decade practicing law, he has accumulated significant courtroom experience representing clients in trials, motions hearings and other in-court proceedings.
Mr. Lovro is currently admitted to practice in the State of South Dakota and United States District Court for the District of South Dakota. He is also a member of the State Bar of Arizona.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Abuse and Neglect
- Domestic Protection Orders
- Name Change
- Criminal Law
- Administrative Proceedings
- Civil Litigation
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota - 2005
- South Dakota State University - 2001
- Major: Sociology
- Emphasis: Human Resources (with Honors)
- Minor: Economics
- Major: Sociology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Dakota State Bar
- Arizona State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Minnehaha County Public Defender’s Office, Senior Deputy Public Defender